Sunday, August 26, 2012

Who is Momster?

Well, since this blog is new, I should probably introduce myself.  I wish I could say I was this self-indulgent person who can easily talk about myself and sing my praises, but alas, I am but a mere mortal and never know what to say when talking about who I am  ☻.

For all intents purposes, I'm Momster ☻.  Why am I Momster?  Well, I am a mom to two wonderful children who have decided that I must be a monster most of the time as I thwart their best efforts to take over the house like the alien invaders they have now become known as.

Let's see.  I am a 32-year-old woman who served for 5 years in the Air Force.  At the tender age of 19, I thought, "Wow, wouldn't it be cool to join the military and see the world?  Not go to war, I won't do that, but yeah, to see the world."  Haha, if only.  While, I was luckier than most, and did not head out to any war zones, my exotic travels took me to my one and only base station for 5 years in Enid, Oklahoma.  Now, let me tell you, you have not seen exotic until you've seen Enid.  After all, did you know Enid, Oklahoma has honorable mentions in at least 2 movies that I've seen?  Twister with Helen Hunt and Jurassic Park 3, the one with William H. Macy.

Speaking of William H. Macy, does anyone ever wonder how he landed Felicity Huffman from Desperate Houswives?  ☻

Well, I digress.  Needless to say, I got out and met my husband, Pac-Man.  Pac-Man and I have been together for 7 years and married for 4 years.  Not to be out done, during wedding planning, my son, C-Man, decided that it would be a good idea to grace us with his presence.  So, half way to our wedding, we learn that we are pregnant and our due date is 2 days after our wedding date.  

It's important to note, I'm a stubborn mule.  Despite being told that moving our wedding to a later date would be acceptable considering the odds, and my maid of honor telling me that my water better not break on her shoes as we're standing at the alter, I was determined that wedding plans would continue as planned.  Even if I went into labor during the ceremony, I would be a rock star and muddle through each contraction until the inevitable kiss, and bid everyone farewell and happy partying for my wedding.

Luckily, C-Man had other plans and was born 9 days before my wedding day.  I'm small framed, so the fact that I fit into my wedding dress, according to friends and family does not seem like an impossible situation.  And, to be at my wedding, and seeing that I fit into the dress that had been purchased and sized before my inevitable basketball sized midsection, it seemed nearly impossible to those that don't know me.  Well, friends and family who know me, that dress fitting me was a miracle that meant someone was looking out for me.  The fact that I didn't look like I had just given birth did not stop the fact that my wedding dress did not fit me just 2 days prior.  I was nervous the day of since 2 days earlier I couldn't even get that sucker past my hips.

But, this little man, totally worth it ☻.  C-Man is now 4-years-old and heading off to Pre-K come Wednesday.  Much to his dismay, he won't be allowed to pick out his school clothes, as the way he is pictured, that is his idea of getting dressed for the day.

So, Pac-Man, C-Man and I were trudging around this thing called life happily and blissfully unaware of the universe and what it had in store for us when....BAM!!!  2 years later, Momster is pregnant again.  Just like my pregnancy with C-Man, Pac-Man and I did not find out the sex of the baby until birth.  

Let me tell you, if you really want to annoy friends and family, hey, even if you want to annoy complete strangers, and have them all look at you like you have just sprouted 10 heads, tell them that you are waiting until the birth of your child to figure out if you're having a boy or a girl.  I'm not sure if they truly thought that by not finding out the sex if that would definitely set me up to birth some weird form of monkey/human spawn or another weird animal concoction, but, it seemed to not only annoy everyone, but also left everyone stunned.

Mar-Mar was due to grace us with her presence on Christmas Day.  At this time, I'm already a mom to a 2 1/2 year old boy, no way am I going to be in the hospital giving birth on the second most important day of his life.  And, I thought Mar-Mar agreed when I started going into labor.  Unfortunately for me, this is the moment that I was sure a girl had invaded my body, as I was in non-progressive labor for 2 weeks!!!!  Let me tell you, I've had Braxton-Hicks, and I wish I could say it was those.  Nope, we even went to the hospital sure that it was time, and got hooked up to the fun machine to tell me that I was in fact, in labor...after a few checks within the span of 3 hours, it was determined it was non-progressive.  

Finally, Mar-Mar decided to come, 4 days before Christmas and her inevitable due date.  She's gorgeous, fun-loving, extroverted, and pretty sure she is Eevil Kneevil reincarnate, at 20-months-old. 

Well, that's me in a nutshell.  I'm a stay at home mom to those two beautiful children.  They test my boundaries and patience every single day.  Which is pretty much what this blog is.  It's a daily of what goes on in the life of a stay at home mom.  My joys, my trials, my tribulations, my "OMG, if these kids don't stop I may rip all my hair out." moments.  Sort of a place for everyone to see that, yes, my kids do that too.

You will find funny saying that my kids say.  Right now Mar-Mar is in speech therapy as she has a speech delay, so C-Man is the only one who will be gracing us with his verbal antics, which, trust me, will be plenty. We can all definitely wait for Mar-Mar to talk.  C-Man is my shy one and Mar-Mar is more like her daddy. Pac-Man has never met a stranger and can talk a doorknob into boredom, and once Mar-Mar starts talking, I'm sure she will follow in daddy's footsteps.

Another thing I would like to accomplish with this blog...reviews of products.  I am somewhat of a review "whore".  Yeah, that's a bad word, sorry.  But, how else do you explain it?  Since becoming a Momster, I scour reviews of products before I buy them.  I want to know if it's going to be worth my money.  And, if out of 10 reviews 6 people are saying that it blows chunks, I'm definitely not going to waste my money.  But, alas, people are either not reviewing their products they purchase cause they don't have time, or they just don't care.  And the reviews that they do have, a lot of them are...lacking.  I.E.  "This X product sucks because it didn't work like it said."  That's great, but what about it didn't work?!?!

So, I will be trying to post a daily interaction of my day, cause hey, since having kids, my life has become interesting, or at least I like to think so ☻.  And I will do another post, in which I review a product.  Yes, there are hyper-links.  Go ahead, click on them, or don't click on them.  It doesn't hurt you or me.  From time to time, I will do contests as well of products.  Don't worry, I'll only do contests of products that I approve of ☻.

I just ask, if you follow me, give me some time to get my blogging shoes wet so to speak.  This is all new to me, and I'm still trying to find my place in this world ☻.  Happy reading, and I'll see you in the next blog.

1 comment:

  1. They are getting so big! Love the blog! Looking forward to your upcoming posts and reviews!

    ReplyDelete