Thursday, August 30, 2012

What Child Do You Speak Of?

Today was C-Man's 2nd day of school, and also the 2nd day that I was positive that his teacher was trying to send me home with the wrong child.

"C-Man is so good, he is one of my best listeners in class."
"Excuse me?  Are you sure you are returning the right child to me?  I'm pretty sure there is no way we can be talking about the same C-Man, maybe you have more than one in your class and you are mistaken mine for this other mild manner and good C-Man who listens."

So, I bring home this alien C-Man.  "Hmmm, he listens.  Not only does he listen, but he's a good listener."  These are the thoughts that go through my mind on my drive home.  This is news to me, and I am completely baffled.  I make it a point to figure out who this new "listening" C-Man belongs to so that his mom doesn't miss him.  But, maybe not, it would be nice to have a child who listens to me.

Then we get home.  All of a sudden C-Man is running around the house, pulling out all his toys, screaming at me to get him this, get him that, I don't want to say please, just do it, bouncing off the walls.

Where is this quiet and listening C-Man that his teacher spoke of?  I want that C-Man.  How do I get this listening C-Man?  Is she just giving me the right C-Man and giving me the wrong message on how the day went?

After careful consideration I decide to talk to the experts.  Off to discuss this particular dilemma with my other mom friends.  

Yep, it's just as I suspected.  School apparently has this weird mind altering program that they do to your children while you are at home so that they listen.  Unfortunately, when you come to pick them up, they turn it off, and you are given the monster you dropped off.

This doesn't seem fair.  How is it that they get to have the good C-Man who listens?  

Who else drops off their non-listening child only to come pick them up to learn that the powers that be ensure they are only good at school?  Tell me your story.

1 comment:

  1. Well, since mine isn't old enough for school, but I can give you what daycare says. She eats like a bird at home, daycare "she ate everything we gave her!" At home if you put mac & cheese, ravioli or anything such as that infront of her she looks at you like you are feeding her a live duck! But apparently at daycare she "eats everything!"

    ReplyDelete