Thursday, September 6, 2012

Daddy vs Wipes

How many mom's out there pass of diaper duty to dad sometimes?

I am home all day with Mar-Mar, our only child in diapers.  So, I am very familiar with diaper changes, and using the least amount of wipes to get a clean bottom.  You can always tell whether it's going to be a 2, 3, or 4 wiper when you open the diaper.  But, you always try to use the least amount of wipes.  Those suckers are almost as expensive as the package of diapers.

But, when Pac-Man comes home for the day, I pass off diaper duty to him.  I pray that any diaper changes he comes across are merely wet diapers.  Our pocketbook can't handle the kind of wipe war Pac-Man has with a poopy diaper.

The scene pretty much plays out with Pac-Man realizing that he has a poopy diaper on his hands.  This has him start the plea for me to take the diaper change duties on and he'll get the next one (and you know, secretly he's saying, as long as it's just wet).  I of course refuse, I'm not new to this diaper changing war, and have changed a fair amount of diapers myself throughout the day.

Resigning himself to the fact that he is indeed saddled with the poopy diaper, Pac-Man prepares for the damage.  Clean diaper?  Check!  Mar-Mar?  Check!  Wipes?  Check!  Diaper Cream?  Check!

Now, off to change that diaper.  As he takes the tab off the diaper he makes these gurgling, almost gagging sounds at the sight.  You know it's not really that bad, but you laugh anyways, cause he tries to make it out to be the worst poopy diaper of his life.  This is just another ploy to try to convince you to take over diaper duty lest he throw up all over your child during the diaper change.

Pac-Man and I have been parents for the past 4 years, so I'm well versed in this tactic, and know how to stop it in it's tracks or just ignore it.

Realizing his fake gagging sounds are not working, Pac-Man once again attends to the task at hand.  Out come the wipes.  As I'm looking over his shoulder I notice this is merely a 1 wiper, but I watch in awe as Pac-Man pulls out, 1...2...3...4...5...6....did he just pull out 15 wipes for that one little diaper?

Not to be outdone with my awe of the 15 wipes for the first wipe, Pac-Man proceeds to go in for a second round...here we go with another 15 to 20 wipes for the second wipe.

"What on earth?  How many wipes do you need?  There's barely anything there to wipe?"  Of course his reply is that he wants to make sure her bottom is clean.  This still bewilders me as there is not even a speck of dog hair on her bottom from the enormous amounts of dog hair that our 2 dogs shed.

I proceed to move on to my own thing.  Pac-Man puts the diaper cream and dry diaper on Mar-Mar, and a set of bloomers so that she can't take her diaper off leaving us in a poopy mess later on.  45 wipes later, the diaper change is done.

Who else has a wipe warrior?  

No comments:

Post a Comment