Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nap Time Fight

Had I known then what I know now about naps, I would've taken more of them.  Well, at least I would like to think that I wouldn't have fought my dad so hard when it was time to take a nap.

C-Man has been nap free for quite some time.  We do still have the occasional nap from time to time, but they are few and far between.  Oh how I miss the days of nap time when it was just me and the C-Man at home.  Then it was easy.  He goes down for a nap, I fall asleep for a little nap as well.

But then you have more than one kid.  Once Mar-Mar was born, nap time for the C-Man was all but extinct.  This didn't leave me much room to nap with Mar-Mar.  Mar-Mar would go down for her nap, and it would be me and C-Man, taking on the world.

I thought with school starting, nap time would once again become this grand party.  Mar-Mar goes to sleep for a nap, and I follow her shortly.  Alas, we are now in the nap time fight.

Try as I may, Mar-Mar is adamant that she is done with nap time.  She runs around her playroom and the house as if nothing will deplete her energy.  Where do these kids get their energy from?!?!?

As we fast forward through each day, me struggling to get Mar-Mar to take just a small nap...come on Mar-Mar, Momster could even go for 30 minutes, even 1 hour...to no avail, we finally reach the time where we must leave to pick C-Man up from school.

C-Man's school is a 30 minute drive from our house.  And so when we get ready to leave, I pack Mar-Mar up in the car, give her a snack in her little bowl and a drink, start a movie in the DVD player, and off we head to pick up C-Man.  Not even 5 minutes into the drive, I look in the mirror and Mar-Mar is passed out.  Of course, it's not that she doesn't want to take a nap, it's that she doesn't want me to have the opportunity to take a nap.

What nap time struggles do you face?  Are naps being phased out by the little ones?  Or have you noticed that the struggle is, like my own nap time struggle, to ensure you do not get a nap in for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment