Sunday, September 9, 2012

Delia's

dELiA*s



The clothing choices that are available to young tween and teen girls today makes me both happy and fearful at the same time.

On one hand, it makes me happy that Mar-Mar is still way too young for me to argue with her about what I will and will not allow her to wear.  While on the other hand, it makes me fear for what the future holds when she does get to be that age.

I can't help but notice that a lot of tweens and teens are dressing themselves to portray a much older persona.  At times, they dress themselves to look older than myself, and the taste of clothing choices...we'll just say that teen clothing options these days leaves little to the imagination.

It is the downfall of tween and teen girl clothing that makes me like Delia*s so much.  The majority of their clothing options tend to fall on the spectrum of keeping a young girl looking exactly like she should...young and like a child, not a grown woman exposing more skin than necessary.

As I progress through the years as a mother to a young girl, I will most definitely be keeping an eye on Delia*s as they are clearly one of few companies that truly understand a parents worst clothing nightmare when it comes to their young girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment