Friday, September 7, 2012

Personalizing Books

I'm not going to lie, here are some things that I have never utilized because I felt they were frivolous things that we didn't need to indulge in. One of those items was the world of children's personalized books.

The idea of them, I liked them, but I couldn't bring myself to indulge.  But, then I was asked to review one.

My Kool Kidz Books happened to be the place that I embarked.  I was a bit nervous on my endeavor, but off I went to try to find the perfect book for my family.  After reviewing the selections they offered...holiday books, books for girls, books for boys, and more...I decided on a cute little book about becoming a sibling.

While C-Man has been a big brother for almost 2 years now, I thought that it would help him through some of the tougher times of being Mar-Mar's big brother.  After all, she is a bully, lol.  Truth be told, Mar-Mar beats up on C-Man and he lets her get away with EVERYTHING!!!!!

So, I decide that I'm going to get The Sibling Book.



This is the book that I receive in the mail from My Kool Kidz Books.  Right off the bat, I'm impressed.  First of all, I put this order in on a Saturday afternoon, and it's at my house in less than 1 week.  Not only that, the personalized names that I used are spelled correctly.

Now comes the real test.  It's bedtime and we are winding down with a book.  So, I pull out the book I got from My Kool Kidz Books to see how the kids review it.

C-Man, loves the book.  We have success.  The book was more than I normally would spend on a book.  But, the part that made it worth the personal touch was the look on C-Man's face.  Knowing that book was about him and his sister, his whole face lit up.

He now carries he book around and when we aren't sitting down to read it together, he sits by himself and comes up with his own words for the book.  

My Kool Kidz Books gets an A in this house.  If you're looking for a cute and unique gift for a child, don't saddle the parent down with another annoying toy they will dread and the child will only play with for a few days.  Visit My Kool Kidz Books and get a personalized book that they can treasure for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment