Saturday, September 8, 2012

Momster...You Are a Beautiful Woman

So, to start off this beautiful woman campaign, what better way to launch it than to tell my own struggles, trials, and tribulations.

I am a very small framed woman.  It has been pointed out to me on many occasions, including by complete strangers, just how small I am.  At 5'6" I clock in at a mere 105 on my heaviest days.

The picture may be hard to tell my true frame with the two munchkins in my lap, but you can still get the idea of my slight frame.

I have spent my whole life listening to people call me anorexic, or bulimic once they realize that I like food.  Well, maybe like is too slight of a word itself.  I love food.  I love to eat.  I love everything about food.  Despite my body frame stating contrary, food is my vice.

Throughout the years I have done much to increase my weight.  Even when serving in the Air Force they thought I was underweight.  I was sent to several nutritionist and on several diet programs to try to increase my weight.

When Pac-Man and I decided that we were going to try for kids, we decided that it would take us about 6 months for me to get on a healthy weigh gaining diet to be able to carry a healthy child.  This started my high calorie and high vitamin diet.  Needless to say, I did not gain the weight, but I did gain a child (C-Man).

I continued this diet, and was thrilled at my pregnancy.  After all, I was sure that there was no way that I was going to lose every last 40 lbs that I gained during my pregnancy with C-Man.  I was wrong.  Despite my continued efforts to eat high calorie foods, the day after C-Man was born and we were leaving the hospital, the only indication that I had just birthed a child was the beautiful infant laying in my arms.

The same result came about during my pregnancy with Mar-Mar.  I was left devastated.  So, I turned to not only high calorie foods, but also exercise routines aimed at toning and adding muscle.  This too worked to no avail.

I have since decided that I don't need to fit in that perfect cookie cutter mold.  I don't need to be the 5'6" woman who is a perfect 125.  I am perfect at my own frame.  And I plan on teaching my children the same no matter their frames.

I still have a smile that can light a room.  And a smile on anyone is worth more than the perfect body image.


2 comments:

  1. I'm just like you! I'm 5'4 and around 100lbs when I'm not pregnant. I LOVE to eat...as a matter of fact, I have to be very careful because I can get very addicted to junk food and soda. Overall I eat very healthy and yet I just don't keep on weight. I've even had doctors be rude and say "eat a hamburger" But this is just how God made me and people are going to have to deal with it.

    Kudos to you for coming to the same conclusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why people think it's ok to make derogatory comments about others, especially perfect strangers! I'm glad you are so positive and I'm glad you will pass that on to your kids!

    ReplyDelete